Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program
Prior to public reporting, hospitals have the opportunity to preview the data that will be publicly reported. Hospitals will have access to a Hospital-Specific Report (HSR) that contains detailed information about their Excess Readmission Ratio. These Reports have been produced for all hospitals that are included in the Hospital Readmissions Reduction program.
HSRs are available to hospital staff who are registered QualityNet users and who are assigned two QualityNet roles:
- Hospital Reporting Feedback – Inpatient role — required to receive the report
- File Exchange & Search role — required to download the report from My QualityNet
For assistance downloading the HSR from your secure My QualityNet Inbox, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the name of your hospital and your hospital's CMS Certification Number (CCN), previously referred to as the Medicare Provider number.
2012 Hospital-Specific Report
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program Mock HSR, PDF-54 KB (06/20/12) an example of the document sent to hospitals in June 2012, as part of the review and correction period for the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program. For facilities that were not open during the data period for the measures (this deadline was May 11, 2012), or did not have qualifying data during 2008-2011, the mock HSR provides information on how measure results are presented for other hospitals.
In addition to the HSR, hospitals received discharge-level data files. Mock discharge-level data files and instructions for reading these files are below. (See Resources for information on how to use these data to replicate your hospital’s Excess Readmission Ratio results in your HSR.)
- Description for Discharge-Level Data File, PDF-65 KB (6/20/12)
- Sample Readmissions Reduction Program Discharge-Level Data File, XLSX-349 KB (6/20/12)