Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program Measures
The following annual reference guide assists users in their data submissions for five Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) Programs, including the:
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program (HACRP)
- Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (HRRP)
Hospital Quality Reporting Programs Measure Comparison by Fiscal Year (FY) Discharges
- Fiscal Year 2018 discharges, PDF-215 KB (Updated 04/26/16)
This guide indicates, by program, for each measure:
- Whether submission is required or voluntary.
- The date range of the data measurement period.
- Whether (and when) the measure is reported on Hospital Compare.
The measures are further defined by the method of data submission:
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- Patient Survey (HCAHPS)
- Claims-Based (not submitted by hospital/vendor)
- Electronic Clinical Quality Measure (eCQM)
Hospital IQR Program Measures
This annual reference guide, for use specifically by participants in the Hospital IQR Program, indicates whether a measure is eligible for inclusion in the Hospital VBP Program and whether the measure is eligible for submission as an eCQM. The measures are stratified by data submission method. Additionally, the guide indicates whether a measure is required or voluntary, its data source, and if it will display on Hospital Compare.
Hospital IQR Measure Comparison by Fiscal Year (FY) Discharges
- Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 (Calendar Year [CY] 2016) discharges, PDF-119 KB (11/13/15)
- FY 2017 (CY 2015) discharges, PDF-142 KB (09/04/15)