FY 2013 IPPS proposed rule published, open for public comment
May 15, 2012
The proposed rule for changes to the hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems (IPPS) for acute care hospitals and Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 rates is on display and open for public comment. Included in the regulation are proposed changes to the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program and other quality reporting programs.
The proposed rule, CMS-1588-P (PDF), was posted April 24 and published in the May 11 Federal Register. The proposed rule can be accessed from the FY 2013 Proposed Rule page of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website. Details regarding various quality reporting programs begin on the Federal Register pages noted:
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program - p. 28033
- PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Program - p. 28060
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program - p. 28068
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) - p. 28101
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities Quality Reporting (IPFQR) Program - p. 28105
Comments on specific issues in the regulation may be submitted electronically at http://www.regulations.gov through 5 p.m. EDT on June 25, 2012.