Maintenance downtime scheduled
QualityNet will be unavailable from 7 p.m. CDT on Friday, May 17, through 5 a.m. CDT on Monday, May 20, to allow for scheduled maintenance. This may affect submissions to the data warehouses and use of QualityNet applications.
CMS to host March 21 teleconference on HAC measures for Reporting Program
March 10, 2011
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a 60-minute national teleconference about the 2011 hospital-acquired condition (HAC) measures on Monday, March 21, at 1 p.m. ET (12 p.m. CT, 11 a.m. MT, 10 am PT). The purpose of the teleconference is to:
- provide background and overview of the HAC measures and their adoption for the Reporting Program
- describe the methodology used to calculate the HAC measures
- show national results for the HAC measures
- discuss how hospitals can use their Hospital-Specific Reports (HSRs)
- answer hospitals’ questions about the methodology used to calculate the HAC measures and the HAC measure HSRs
The call will not address the adoption of the HAC measures under the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing program or under Section 3008 of the Affordable Care Act.
To join the teleconference on March 21, participants should call (800) 837-1935 at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the presentation (enter Conference ID: 51372132). Due to the expected high call volume, participants are asked to use the fewest connections possible from their institution.
Live audio-streaming of the teleconference will also be available at: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cms-public-events. (To test your ability to hear the forum, visit: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-hd-tv . If you can see and hear the NASA programming, you will be able to hear the forum.) Apple, Android, Nokia, and Windows phone appplications are commercially available for mobile phone users who want to hear the forum as a Ustream audio-stream.
Preparing for the teleconference
To make the call as informative as possible, hospitals are urged to:
- download the slide presentation (PPT-264 KB) prior to the teleconference
- download their HSR and patient-level data from their My QualityNet inbox (Contact the QualityNet Help Desk for assistance, if needed.)
- learn more about the measures by reviewing the frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other HAC Resources
- pre-submit any questions they wish to have addressed on the call to HACmeasures@mathematica-mpr.com (Type “Question for National Call” in the subject line.)
The most frequently asked questions received by 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 15, will be addressed on the call, and there will be additional time for other questions at the end of the call. Submitted questions not selected for the call will be answered individually via e-mail.