Maintenance downtime scheduled
QualityNet will be unavailable from 7 p.m. CDT on Friday, May 17, through 5 a.m. CDT on Monday, May 20, to allow for scheduled maintenance. This may affect submissions to the data warehouses and use of QualityNet applications.
HOP QDRP Preview Reports now available
January 11, 2011
March 2011 Hospital Compare Preview Reports for the Hospital Outpatient Program Quality Data Reporting Program (HOP QDRP) initiative are now available on My QualityNet for participating hospitals.
The preview reports are available from January 11 through February 9. Registered QualityNet users who have been assigned the HOP QDRP Feedback Reports role have access to the reports. The data in the preview reports will be reported on Hospital Compare, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website for Medicare beneficiaries and the general public. The Hospital Compare release is scheduled for March 2011.
The preview report includes two sets of measures—clinical process and efficiency (which concern imaging). There are three measure topics: Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) Cardiac Care, Surgical Care, and Imaging Efficiency.
Clinical Process Measures
The clinical process measures include Emergency Department measures for Cardiac Care and Surgical Care measures. The clinical process measures are calculated from Medicare and Non-Medicare patient data submitted by the hospital.
- AMI Cardiac Care measure data includes encounters from Third Quarter 2009 (3Q09) through Second Quarter 2010 (2Q10).
- OP-1: Median Time to Fibrinolysis (OP-1 will not be displayed on the Hospital Compare website, but will be available in the downloadable databases.)
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes of ED Arrival
- OP-3b: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention - Reporting Rate
- OP-4: Aspirin at Arrival
- Op-5: Median Time to ECG
- Surgical Care data includes 3Q09 through 2Q10 encounters. Measures include:
- OP-6: Timing of Antibiotic Prophylaxis
- OP-7: Prophylactic Antibiotic Selection for Surgical Patients
Imaging Efficiency Measures
Imaging Efficiency measures are calculated from Calendar Year 2008 claims data. These measures will be updated annually in June, based on a calendar year of Medicare claims data.
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT – Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT – Use of Contrast Material
For more information on the reporting of the HOP QDRP measures, refer to the HOP QDRP Preview Report Help Summary, PDF. Hospitals are encouraged to carefully review the information found in the Help Guide document.
For questions, contact the HOP QDRP support contractor at the Hospital Outpatient Questions/Answers website or call, toll-free, (866) 800-8756 weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Time.
For questions regarding technical issues, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at email@example.com.